Page Setup 'print to' property... (1 Viewer)

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
Today, 08:36
So I've poured through the Access 2000 Sybex books and can't seem to find what I'm looking for... curious to know if anyone else has run into this:

I have a couple reports that I'm using an automated print (to ghostscript) --> zip --> email function for but Access, like the rather unintuitive program it can be, from time to time mucks things up in the page setup 'print to' property and decides, without asking me, to set my report to print to a specific printer (which is most often my system default printer). In order for the ghostscript print function to work, however, my reports and subreports all need to be set to print to 'default' as opposed to a 'specific printer' or else ghostscript gives a rather nasty little error.

Does anyone know if there is an existant report property for the 'print to' portion of the 'page setup' menu, and if so, how to set it to 'default' without setting it to a specific printer?

I'd like to just include a little function before my print operation to reset that property (assuming it exists) for my reports.

Many thanks,
~Chad

WindSailor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:36
I haven't done this and I am not sure if I fully understand...

Anyway, going through my books evidently Access 2002 adds the 'UseDefaultPrinter' property.
True if the object is set to print to the default printer.
False if the object is set to print to another printer.

The references to earlier versions of Access I believe you have to find the name of the default printer...etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom