Passing calculated value to Table Field (1 Viewer)

Chromedome

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:50
Hi everyone
Newbie to Access 07, and I know know this should be simple but can't seem to sort it:

I have a calculated field ([TotalSubList]) in the Footer of a subform; the value of which I need to pass to a field in the JobsMain Table so that I can use this value in a different form

I have no problem displaying the Value on the Main form with: [=LineItemSubForm.Form!TotalSubList] attached to a TextBox but trying to get the same value to update the [TotalJob] field in the JobsMain table is eluding me...

I have tried creating code on [AfterUpdate] and [OnChange] but it doesn't respond on the fields that are calculated

Can anyone give me a pointer?

Look forward to your reply

Thank you in advance

CD

Chromedome

Registered User.
Local time
Just to let you know: The JobsMain Table is the main table used in the parent form

CD

Chromedome

Registered User.
Local time
Hi again everyone

I have figured the code out to get the data from the Calculated Field on the form to the Table Field on the same form, but I'm still having issues trying to automate it. It will work on the [Click_Event] but not on the [AfterUpdate_Event] or [Change_Event].

I suspect the reason it won't do it, is because it is a Calculated Field and not a Table Field. Can anyone help me out here??:confused:

Appreciate your replies

CD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom