Passing Date Range Parameter to Multiple Subreports (1 Viewer)

LBinGA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:45
Hello all:

I am trying to pass a date range parameter & an additional parameter (Type of Audit) to 6 subreports based off individual crosstab queries and housed on one Unbound Report ("rptFinal").

I have an Unbound Form "frmDate" passing a date range and Type of Audit using [Start Date] and [End Date] to rptFinal with a button that simply opens the rptFinal as follows:
stDocName = "rptFinal"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewReport

In each Crosstab query, I have set the parameter criteria (in both the Parameter section & the query itself) to:
[Forms]![FrmDate]![Start Date] And [Forms]![FrmDate]![End Date]
and also,
[Forms]![FrmDate]![Enter Type of Audit]

On each subreports On Load Event, I have added:
Private Sub Report_Load()
Me.Filter = "[DteAuditDate] BETWEEN #" & Forms!frmDate![Start Date] & "# AND #" & Forms!frmDate![End Date] & "#"
Me.Filter = "[Type of Audit] = #" & Forms!frmDate![Enter Type of Audit] & "#"
End Sub

and I've set the Filter On Load property to: Yes

I can open frmDate, fill in the date and Type of Audit, launch the report and it runs with no error, however, I have 6 blank subreports in report Preview. The headers are showing up but none of the data. I don't know where I've gone wrong.

Can anyone help? This is the last piece of a huge project I'm working on.

Thanks in advance,

LB in GA

LBinGA

Registered User.
Local time
The SQL view of the crosstab queries running each subreport is as follows with the exception of the SELECT, is identical:

PARAMETERS [Forms]![FrmDate]![Start Date] DateTime, [Forms]![FrmDate]![End Date] DateTime, [Forms]![FrmDate]![Enter Type of Audit] Text ( 255 );
SELECT qryForm.txtTypeOfInsurance, Count(qryForm.txtTypeOfInsurance) AS CountOftxtTypeOfInsurance
FROM qryForm
WHERE (((qryForm.dteAuditDate)=[Forms]![FrmDate]![Start Date] And (qryForm.dteAuditDate)=[Forms]![FrmDate]![End Date]) AND ((qryForm.[Type of Audit])=[Forms]![FrmDate]![Enter Type of Audit]))
GROUP BY qryForm.txtTypeOfInsurance;

Thank you...I'm rather desperate at this point. :confused:
LB in GA

LBinGA

Registered User.
Local time
[SOLVED] Re: Passing Date Range Parameter to Multiple Subreports

Well, messing around with it for a little longer made me realize that I was asking for the criteria to meet two dates and not asking for BETWEEN two dates. :cool: The SQL should have read as follows:

PARAMETERS [Forms]![FrmDate]![Start Date] DateTime, [Forms]![FrmDate]![End Date] DateTime, [Forms]![FrmDate]![Enter Type of Audit] Text ( 255 );
SELECT qryForm.txtTypeOfInsurance, Count(qryForm.txtTypeOfInsurance) AS CountOftxtTypeOfInsurance
FROM qryForm
WHERE (((qryForm.dteAuditDate) Between Forms!FrmDate![Start Date] And Forms!FrmDate![End Date]) And ((qryForm.[Type of Audit])=Forms!FrmDate![Enter Type of Audit]))
GROUP BY qryForm.txtTypeOfInsurance;

So, now it works like a charm and I am off to go soak my head in the hot tub. :eek:

Thanks to anyone who considered my dilemma.

LB in GA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom