password storage options (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 00:54
looks like I posted a thread about another hot topic. Hot Topic...I hate that store...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
For what it's worth, Kaspersky Internet Security (among other of their offerings) includes a password locker that keeps your passwords for you and applies them at appropriate times. To activate it, you need a password that opens the "password safe" and if you lose that, you have lost your passwords. I thought about that and decided to not enable it. The security risk is low but the practical risk is high. I'm old enough that if my memory DOES start to go, I'll get very frustrated. Since Alzheimer's runs in my family (four known cases and two suspect cases on Mom's side), I will not risk losing all of my passwords because I lost one password.

Personal choice, not guaranteed to apply to all of you younger whippersnappers.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 01:54
I just use LibreOffice Writer (MS Word equivalent). I have the passwords organized by topic, such as "retail". Nothing fancy.

PS: There is a version of LibreOffice that does run on Windows.

Last edited:

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:54
It home I have cryptic pieces of paper in one location. Lots of luck anybody trying to figure them out. At work I use and Excel spreadsheet on a network drive that I only have access to (in normal situations).

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
For what it's worth, Kaspersky Internet Security (among other of their offerings) includes a password locker that keeps your passwords for you and applies them at appropriate times.
what do u mean "applies at appropriate times"?? does that mean that they would do what I was suggesting I did for myself with Python automation connecting to a DOM in a browser session?
It home I have cryptic pieces of paper in one location.
cyptic? what's on it? hash outputs? if so, what could would that do you if they're irreversible?
I'm old enough that if my memory DOES start to go, I'll get very frustrated. Since Alzheimer's runs in my family (four known cases and two suspect cases on Mom's side), I will not risk losing all of my passwords because I lost one password.
I have confidence that ur memory will not fail you richard. however if it does, I know of a company that has created an app to assist people with all aspects of their life activities in case such a thing did, by some miracle, occur. so no worries man! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom