Path error at startup (1 Viewer)

kilroyscarnival

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:50
When I enter Access either by opening a database file or by opening the program by its desktop icon, I continue to get an error message saying:

Microsoft Access can't change the working directory to Y:\database. Verify that the drive is valid and the path is 260 characters or less in length."

I know why I'm getting this...under the "Open an existing file" window, there are several files I created on the Y drive, having been given temporary access to do so for another department. However, I don't have access to the drive anymore, nor do I want to. But I can't figure out how to stop getting that message!

I thought I could purse my recently opened files list or at least take out the older ones on the Y drive, but I can't see how to do so. Any advice?

Thanks!

Ann

JonH

Registered User.
Local time
It sounds as if you've set the default database folder to your Y drive. To change this open Access, select Options from Tools at the menu bar. select the General TAB and change the default database folder to a valid drive.

JonH.

kilroyscarnival

Registered User.
Local time
This was exactly right. Thanks! I had a similar issue with having deleted the switchboard I'd made, but having it continue to pop up an error message, but by searching this board I found the answer to that too!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom