Philosophy - what is yours?

I'd join you but I have a wonky liver. Alcohol is off my list these days. But to be honest, I don't miss it. My younger days as a New Orleans French Quarter musician gave me enough opportunities to get wasted. I'm done with that now, conserving my ever-dwindling supply of brain cells.

But if anyone is ever my way and interested in some good Cajun-style seafood, I know a few places - and if you INSIST, some of them DO serve beer.
I spent a bit of time in NOLA, and there was a bar not for from a hotel I was staying at, and it featured Swamp Music. I went there every night for 5 days. Wish we could have beer there.

"Swamp Music?" Do you perhaps mean "Cajun Music?"

When I played on Bourbon Street, we were in the middle of what was referred to as the "British Invasion" - with the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Animals, Herman's Hermits, Petula Clark, Joe Cocker, ... that bunch. We played "Brit Rock" and a lot of Deep South Rhythm & Blues.

The French Quarter has changed a lot since my college days, but there are still a few musical holdouts here and there. I haven't been down there in a long time. Some of the places I played are still there but under new management. Others have been repurposed into restaurants or from "pure" bars to bar & grill establishments. I wouldn't know my way around any more.

"Swamp Music?" Do you perhaps mean "Cajun Music?"

When I played on Bourbon Street, we were in the middle of what was referred to as the "British Invasion" - with the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Animals, Herman's Hermits, Petula Clark, Joe Cocker, ... that bunch. We played "Brit Rock" and a lot of Deep South Rhythm & Blues.

The French Quarter has changed a lot since my college days, but there are still a few musical holdouts here and there. I haven't been down there in a long time. Some of the places I played are still there but under new management. Others have been repurposed into restaurants or from "pure" bars to bar & grill establishments. I wouldn't know my way around any more.
Yes I do. I too was/sorta is, a musician. I studied classical guitar right up to the point where I realized I would never be really good at it. Then I bought an electric guitar and ended up playing in a few bands. The last band ranged fron 4 to 9 pieces depending how much money was going to be spent. I wrote some charts for the 9 piece configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom