Pop up Reminders (1 Viewer)

claddagh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:25
Hiya guys,

I have just been asked to add a reminder function into a database, I have searced the forum, but not sure what I`m looking for.

When we deal with customers, some times we have to contact them again at a later date.
Is there anyway that we can get a reminder to popup, or send a reminder to a specific email address when a certain date criteria is met ?
obviously the database need to be open ( which is not a problem, as it`ll be used on a daily basis anyway )
Would I need to use querys, macro, VB etc to do this, or is there an in built function in access that I dont know about that could do this automatically.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Max

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
You can check what the date is when the opening form is opened. Use the Date() function in the OnOpen property to put up a message box using a query to get the people for that date.

If you want emails to be generated, search for "automatic email notification" or similar, this crops up regularly, I think there's a sample database too.

Col

Last edited:

claddagh

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks

Got the reply,

Search the forum using search string suggested.
This seems to have answered my problems.

Thank you very much.

I have to also say, this forum is by far the best access resource place by far.
I shall be linking to it when i get round to creating the company website.

Thanks again.

Max

godofhell

Database Guru
Local time
Today, 10:25
I had a similar request where I needed to have a reminder open to let me know when to run a report. I ended up adding a control to my form that checks what day it is and if it is 1 day before the report is due it shows Run Report Tomorrow, if it is due today it shows, Run Report today, if it is past Due is shows the report is 1 day over due, after that the box goes back in to hidding.

claddagh

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks

Not quite what i was after, but it has pointed me in the right direction.

Now sort of working, just need to test and make work better.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom