POS Access 2007 hate it!!! (1 Viewer)

jdcallejas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:33
I have a make a table query, I dont want it to ask me that its going to delete the older table and creat the new one, I just want it to do it!!!
Offcoarse the MS Team as always make in things harder for users, gives this solution that does not work!!!!

If your intention is to create or replace a table, click Yes. To avoid being prompted when you run such queries, click the Microsoft Office Button, then click Access Options, and then click Advanced. Under Editing, clear the Action queries check box.

I have unchecked the action queries long time ago, but still asks me!!!

Anyone can help me?

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 05:33
If you are doing this action via a form and not directly from the control centre then use the

DoCmd.SetWarnings False option Remember to set it back to True after.

You can also set these values in macros.

David

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:33
Or another way to avoid the prompts is to run it in code using the

CurrentDb.Execute "queryNameHere", dbFailOnError

method.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
What does this have to do with ACC2007? This warning (which is easily suppressed, as Bob and David pointed out) has been around in all preceding versions of Access.

SHADOW

jdcallejas

Registered User.
Local time
What it has to do with Access 2007 is that in this crapy version things dont work right!!!! It has many bugs!!!! I am trying to run a make a table query and I dont want it to ask me or better said confirm if I want to do this or not...

I have unchecked Record changes, Document Deletions and Actions Queries from the confirm section.

BUT IT DOES NOT WORK FOR THE "MAKE A TABLE" ACTION QUERY.....

Now in Access 2003 it works fine...

thats what it has to do with 2007...

I will try what you guys suggested to see if I can make this work with out asking anything..

Thanks
Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom