Prepopulating textbox with value entered in first page of form (1 Viewer)

pinky

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:19
Hi,
I have a textbox txt1 in form with many records. Initially when form is opened, txt1 is entered a text value. It needs to populate in next record of the form. When we start the second record entry then I need the txt1 of record 2 to populate with the value already entered in record 1.

Can I get help with this issue. It is a bit urgent.

Thanks,
Pinky

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Yesterday, 22:19
Hi Pinky,

I wonder if something similar to what is discussed in this thread could be helpful to you:

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=174943

This was for a project I was working on (Still am actually) where I wanted anything I selected in the listbox to have a certain field updated with a number found on a different form. You could probably tweak this kind of thing to do what you wish.

pinky

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for providing me the info but can u help me with this.

I wrote a After update event and set the textbox default value to value entered. But it is not working.

Private Sub Review_Initials_AfterUpdate()
Me.Review_Initials.DefaultValue = "" & Me.Review_Initials & ""
End Sub

The entered value is captured in the line above but not able to display when I go for next record.

I tried to learn how to work with this in the links provided to me but couldn't get it right.

Thanks,
pinky

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:19
You didn't follow Paul's example! You need 4 sets of double quotes before and after:

Me.Review_Initials.DefaultValue = """" & Me.Review_Initials & """"

And please, do not refer to a record as a "page" as you do in your title. A page, in Access, is something altogether different.

Last edited:

pinky

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you so much....It got resolved :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom