Print preview cuts report off after page 1 (1 Viewer)

collegeprof

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:04
Hello,

I have a report with multiple subreports. The report looks perfect in report view with enough data to fill many pages. When switching to print preview, page 1 of the report is displayed correctly. However the report stops at page 1.

In print preview, if I switch the paper size from letter to legal, more data is displayed. But again the report stops after page 1. I tried various printers and printing to pdf and printing to onenote. All have the same result.

I am told the print preview for this report worked previously but now stops after one page (in print preview only).

Thanks very much.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Report View ignores Filters but Print Preview does not. Are there any Filters on the Report or it's Recordsource?

collegeprof

Registered User.
Local time
The record source for the main report is a query. There is no defined filter but filter on load is set to yes. I tried setting it to no just in case and it didn't change the result.

The record source query contains many fields and has two parameter values that are entered when the query runs. There are 5 subreports, they use simple Select statements. One of them has a where clause with an Or. None of them have filters.

Thanks very much.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Oh, it's the parameter values then, post the SQL of the query that runs the Main Report.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 18:04
One thing that would cause this is putting the subreports in the header of the report rather than in the detail section.

collegeprof

Registered User.
Local time
I checked the main report. The subreports are in the detail section. The page header contains only a small image. I checked the subreports. All data is in the detail section on the subreports. Thanks.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
SQL of parameter query? Need to see that...

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Well, problem number one is your table is not properly normalized. That said, looks like you enter the Client's name and get that record what would be missing?

collegeprof

Registered User.
Local time
If I enter the first and last name of the client, it displays the full report for that client successfully (in report view, not print preview). In what way is it not normalized? Do you have a suggestion of what I should do next? Thank you.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 09:04
are there any code in your report?
there are events in reports that are not called in print view, vice versa.

collegeprof

Registered User.
Local time
The only code in the code builder window is code generated by Access. Thanks.

collegeprof

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, I just realized the code I was seeing in the code window was for the form not the report. The only code for the report/subreport is Option Compare Database.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:04
Have you got the subreports can grow property set to yes?

TBH I don't think short of you uploading a stripped down copy of the database, anyone is likely to solve this by posting questions alone.

collegeprof

Registered User.
Local time
All sections of each subreport have the Can Grow property set to yes. Thanks

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I meant the actual sub report "Holder" on the main report. It also has a can grow property. (I think...)

If not I think you will have to let us see the database in some form, we are all guessing / clutching at straws here.

collegeprof

Registered User.
Local time
The main report doesn't seem to have a Can Grow property. It does have Auto Resize which is set to yes.

It makes sense to me that you need to see the database. It will take me awhile to pair it down and remove confidential data. I inherited the database and it has a lot of objects in it. I am heading off to a work event for the next five days. When I get back, I will edit the data and upload the file.

I really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Whenever I see fields that are the same with numbers. i.e....

Client.KYCClientIdLabel1,
Client.KYCClientIdLabel2,
Client.KYCClientIdLabel3
Client.KYCClientIdLabel4,
Client.KYCClientIdentification1,
Client.KYCClientIdentification2,
Client.KYCClientIdentification3,
Client.KYCClientIdentification4,
Client.KYCClientIdPlaceOfIssue1,
Client.KYCClientIdPlaceOfIssue2,
Client.KYCClientIdPlaceOfIssue3,
Client.KYCClientIdPlaceOfIssue4,
etc...
Client.KYCClientIDAFlag1,
Client.KYCClientIDAFlag2,
Client.KYCClientIDAFlag3,
Client.KYCClientIDAFlag4,
etc...
Client.KYCSpouseIDAFlag1,
Client.KYCSpouseIDAFlag2,
Client.KYCSpouseIDAFlag3

...it means you are storing the data wide, like an Excel spreadsheet, and not long like you would in a Relational database. Now if those are what is missing from the report then it would be because you have not added the Controls to your report. Meanwhile it were stored *long* then you would see it on the Report without adding because it would be a Record added to a Subreport, i.e.

tblClients
cClientID
etc...

tblClientPlacesOfIssues
cpiID
cpiClientID (FK related to tblClients:cClientID)
cpiPlaceOfIssue
etc...

So, all the fields with numbers should actually be in separate Tables.

Going forward with your issue, it would really go a long way to getting this resolved if you could upload the file with some sample data so we could review the Report.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
If you select the sub report border in the main report then look at properties the Sub Report "Holder" has a Can Grow Property see the picture attached, there are 4 sub reports visible I have selected the second one down.

Attachments

• SubReportSelected.JPG
    SubReportSelected.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 305

collegeprof

Registered User.
Local time
The Can Grow is set to true for all subreports. The main report itself doesn't have a Can Grow as far as I can see. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom