Print query criteria on the report (1 Viewer)

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:17
I have a multiple criteria form, the criteria what I give to the form is the product category and a date range, is there a way that the criteria can be coverted to words and printed on the report the form generates? If can, this report will be easier to read and I bet my boss will be impressed :rolleyes:

Any idea will be appreciated. thanks.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
If the form remains open you can just put a text box on your report and set its control source to something like:

="Criteria Selected were: Product Category - " [Forms]![YourFormNameHere]![YourProductCategoryControlHere] & " and From " & [Forms]![YourFormNameHere]![YourBeginningDateTextBoxNameHere] & " to " & [Forms]![YourFormNameHere]![YourEndingDateTextBoxNameHere]

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks! Bob.

I did, but Access give me a error message "The expression you entered contains invalid syntax. You may have entered a operand without an operator". There must be something wrong what I did. 8-(

="Criteria Selected were: Select Model - " [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectModel] & "Select Warehouse - "[Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectWarehouse] &" and From " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![TxtFrom] & " to " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![TxtTo]

Thanks,
Yu

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
="Criteria Selected were: Select Model - " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectModel] & " Select Warehouse - " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectWarehouse] & " and From " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![TxtFrom] & " to " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![TxtTo]

You also needed a space before the word SELECT in Select Warehouse and another space after the & and " in the And FROM.

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
It works this time! Thanks Bob.

But got two other questions again, hope you don't mind.

1) In stead of all combined together like a sentence, Is there a way I can seperate the different criteria by paragraph? So it will look like this in the report:

Criteria Selected were:
Select Model - model name
Select Warehouse - warehouse name
From date to Date -

2) In the printed report, "Select Warehouse -" followed with the Warehouse ID# in stead of the warehouse name, how do I amend my syntax to let it show the name but ID?

Thanks,

Yu

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Just add a

& vbCrLf &

where you want the breaks to occur.

As for #2, you will need to figure out a way to include the name on the form so you can refer to it.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Actually, you probably already have it in the combo box so you can try this:

[Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectWarehouse].Column(1)

or

[Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectWarehouse](1)

And if that doesn't work, you can put a hidden text box on the form and in the combo's after update event you put:

Me.YourHiddenTextBoxName = Me.YourComboName.Column(1)

and then in the report refer to the hidden text box instead of the combo.

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Bob, thank youuuuuu.

Q1 : But vbCrlf doesn't work to me. When I run the report, Access asking me to enter parameter value for the vbCrlf. ?! below is how I code:

="Criteria Selected were: & vbCrLf & Select Model - " &[Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectModel] & vbCrLf & " Select Warehouse - " &[Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectWarehouse] & vbCrLf & " and From " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![TxtFrom] & " to " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![TxtTo]

Q2: on my form, the warehouse name did include and in the drop down list it shows the name all correct. But how come on the printed report the warehouse criteria becomes to ID# .... hmm.... Here is what I Put on row source of combo control :

SELECT [Warehouse Location].[ID], [Warehouse Location].[WarehouseName] FROM [Warehouse Location];

Yu

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, you probably already have it in the combo box so you can try this:

[Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectWarehouse].Column(1)

or

[Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectWarehouse](1)

And if that doesn't work, you can put a hidden text box on the form and in the combo's after update event you put:

Me.YourHiddenTextBoxName = Me.YourComboName.Column(1)

and then in the report refer to the hidden text box instead of the combo.

Got it, thanks! I'll try!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
="Criteria Selected were:" & vbCrLf & " Select Model - " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectModel] & vbCrLf & " Select Warehouse - " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![cboSelectWarehouse] & vbCrLf & " and From " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![TxtFrom] & " to " & [Forms]![Inventory Balance Inquiry Form]![TxtTo]

R

Rich

Isn't vbCrLf a vb function and thus not available in a control source?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Good point Rich-

brain fart time!

Instead of VbCrLf you would need to use

& Chr(13) & Chr(10) &

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom