Printing by postcode (1 Viewer)

the_case

Local time
Today, 09:17
Hi,

a bit of a newbie to access and Office 2007.

I've got a database that I need to print 2 up mailing labels on A4 Portrait(each A5 landscape). I've done a custom form but only seem to be able to get one label per A4 sheet. I don't seem to be able to get the logo that I've placed in the label to repeat on all labels?

Also how would I print off by postcode or unique identifiers (they're using a combination of Alphabet to designate surface mail, courier, etc).

thanks in advance

TC

WayPay

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:17
You can try doing this with Mail Merge in Word, using your Access db as a data source; Word's better geared towards printing label sheets and has lots of templates for these.

the_case

Local time
Today, 09:17
Hey WayPay,

thanks for the tip!!

Is it possible then to print 2 lots of fields on the one MS Word page so that the second lot of fields pick up the next address in the data? So I can print two labels per page.

Also what would be the best way to sort by postcode? Would I need to create new tables for each postcode in Access?

thanks in advance

:D

WayPay

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:17
I once used A4 Avery label sheets with 8 labels per sheet; that was easy 10 years ago. Should still be possible now :D. Have a look at the Label templates in Word.

As for the postcode, I don't know enough about your table structure and your requirements to comment on that. But you should not have to make lots of tables for postcodes.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:17
When I do this I use Label wizard in Word. I extract the dat from the Access DB in a query and then export it into Excel where it works easily with Word Mail Merge

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom