Question Printing Search Form/Report - Listbox (1 Viewer)

saip15

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:05
Hi everyone!,

I have tried searching and I'm close to a solution but I need some help with how to do it. I would greatly appreciate some advise and teaching on this subject since I'm partially a noob to Access. I know it's not common practice to print from a form but you tell me what would be easier. I have a search form that I borrowed from Oldsoftboss which works very well. A listbox is used to display the whole list of drawings and as the user inputs a search criteria and the results are simultaneously updated in the listbox. So the length of the listbox depends on the search criteria. Exactly what I needed! The Form prints great by the way.

So here is my problem: I want to print the listbox after the user searches for what drawing information they want displayed. I have searched on how to do this and I have seen a couple ways but I can't get any of them to work. Like using the RecordSource of the listbox in a report, Listboxes don't have RecordSource's and how could I get the same looking listbox displayed in a report after the user defines the search?

Question 1: For the listbox, the Query Builder is used for the Rowsource so there isn't necessarily an actual Query that can be used for a report. I'm still confused on how to deal with this because I guessing this is where the search results comes from and how the listbox updates.

Question 2: If the listbox search is longer than the border of the listbox is there anyway to have all the contents of the listbox printed to another sheet? For example, on my Data Entry form I have a sub-form as a table and this is where the user inputs Revisions. If the table grows longer than the sub-form border and then printed, the whole revision table will still print and none of the information will be cut-off. Can i put the listbox in a sub-form to get the same result?

I have a couple of ideas in my head on how I could complete this task but I don't know which ones could even work. I know a report is the best way to print but I don't know how to get from the form to the report with the user search criteria. Probably a button on the form to print the report? Maybe a listbox isn't the best way to go but everything works great just need the whole thing to print. Just need some instruction and direction. Thanks so much your time and help!

Here is an example of the Search Form!

Attachments

• B.pdf
    39 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom