Problem with subform data (1 Viewer)

mfaisal.ce

Local time
Today, 16:14
Hello Friends,

i have 02 subforms and i want to update Form2 on update value in Form1,

1. FrmSales_Detail ( Field: SubTotal)
2. FrmPayment_Detail (Field: GTotal)

What i need is, when i enter data in subtotal, it will reflect to New Row in GTotal in FrmPayment_detail ....

Kindly guide,
1610908147003.png

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 09:14
First. Is there a reason you would enter data manually into a subtotal field? Normally that would be calculated.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:14
the fact is a new row means the record does not exist so you would need to create one. And you should not be storing calculated values of this nature anyway.

Not enough information to even suggest a possible solution. I also do not see a field called 'subtotal' but would guess it is the 11000 on detail? salesdetail? subform

mfaisal.ce

Local time
First. Is there a reason you would enter data manually into a subtotal field? Normally that would be calculated.
bro, that was just example... basically, on each new entry in FrmSales_Detail, i need to update GTotal.......

mfaisal.ce

Local time
the fact is a new row means the record does not exist so you would need to create one. And you should not be storing calculated values of this nature anyway.

Not enough information to even suggest a possible solution. I also do not see a field called 'subtotal' but would guess it is the 11000 on detail? salesdetail? subform
yes, this is 11000 on FrmSales_detail and i want to show in GTotal at FrmPayment_Detail

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
bro, that was just example... basically, on each new entry in FrmSales_Detail, i need to update GTotal.......
Pretty crappy example then? :devilish:

Why not base the totals subform on a query and requery that?

shokly

Local time
Today, 06:14
how about if you use the below code on after update even on the Total field on subform1

Code:
Forms!MainformName.FrmPayment_Detail.form.Gtotal = me.Total

mfaisal.ce

Local time
how about if you use the below code on after update even on the Total field on subform1

Code:
Its quite helpful bro... Thanks

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time

Code:
How do you match to srNo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom