Problems with Importing/Linking an Excel file

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:24
Whenever I try to link or import the attached file, I receive the error "The wizard is unable to access information in the file 'c:\Users\Roger\Downloads\Export.xlsx'. Please check that the file exists and the correct format." I can open the file directly in Excel without problem and if I do a SaveAs, that resolves the issue.

I can use VBA code to automate the Excel process, but the system sometimes hangs when I do so. I need to import this file each day, so I would like reliable automatic solution.

Attachments

Hi Roger

The attached carries out the Import.

You would need to add a Command Button to delete all previous records before you Import the next Data.

Attachments

Are you using the correct version designation in your import command?

Hi Roger

The attached carries out the Import.

You would need to add a Command Button to delete all previous records before you Import the next Data.
That doesn't resolve the issue. The problem is that if I link or import the file without doing a SaveAs in Excel first, I receive an error. It doesn't matter if I do it manually, use a macro or use VBA.

Well I would have thought that it would be logical To save the Excel file and then Import the data.

Well I would have thought that it would be logical To save the Excel file and then Import the data.
The problem is that for some reason the Excel file is initially unreadable by Access even though Excel can open it. The file is generated by interacting with a website using a Selenium script. I can have problems when VBA tries to open the file, probably because the file system had not fully updated.

It would be preferable if I could find a way of linking to the file without resaving it.

Hi
Only thing I can think of is that you probably need to check the formatting of each Column in your Excel file.

Is this a security issue because the file comes from the web?

I don't know. I tried changing the security settings for downloaded files, but it did not solve the issue. I can open the file in Excel without warnings (if the security setting are changed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom