Properties Window Slow - Solution? (1 Viewer)

AlanClarkeSTM

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:19
Hi
I have read many a post saying that when opening and closing forms / reports etc., with the properties window displayed, causes a severe delay in load times.
Possible solution: I tried running Access 2013 in xp compatible mode, and the problem has gone away. It remains to be seen if this is a permanent, although disappointing, fix. I'll update the post in a day or two with any more news! :)
:cool:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:19
I haven't seen that, but you would only want the properties window in development anyway. In production you wouldn't want users to see it.

AlanClarkeSTM

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:19
Sorry I wasn't clear... this is all in designer mode. We have no issues with the distributed front end.

Update: After a while, the problem has returned. The only thing that sort of cures this issue at this time, is setting the msaccess.exe property (disable visual themes) to UNCHECKED. Which is a clue to the problem, but not a solution.

Alan Harrison

Registered User.
Local time
Has anyone any further information on this? I'm running Access 2007. The problem seems to have cropped up after installing Windows 10.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
do you have a local printer set as default.

something as unexpected as that can have an effect on design speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom