Query from Form Values (1 Viewer)

uaguy3005

Local time
Yesterday, 19:53
I'm very new to Access and having quite a bit of trouble.

I'm creating a database for a manufacturing plant that produces seats. The problem I'm having is on my form when the user selects model and row, the issue combo box should populate with only the issues relevant to that model and row. The selections mentioned are on a subform and on the subform, I was able to accomplish this. But when entered from the main form I get a pop up box asking me to enter the data again. I've attached the db, please let me know any suggestions anyone has.

Attachments

• Quality Data System.zip
    120.4 KB · Views: 85

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
I tried to help you, but i don't have access 2007. That's probably your first mistake. =) Post an .MDB copy of it.

uaguy3005

Local time
Lol...here's a copy saved as 2003.

Attachments

• Quality Data System.zip
    173 bytes · Views: 77

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:53
Firstly the 2003 file you posted is the record locking information file and is useless :mad:

Then your reference in the criteria for the query populating the Issues combo is incorrect as the combo boxes feeding it are on the sub form and not the main for you will need to correct this as a first step. Secondly you need to force Combo Issues to requery whenever either Combo row or issues changes. You will also need to for a requery in the on current event of the sub form.

There is also an issue with the two combos on your main form, which you will need to fix.

I'm finding it really hard to get my head around this DB, so I really can't give you too much advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom