Query Parameters in Access 2010 Web Database (1 Viewer)

Anwar1968

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:38
Hello everyone. I am building an Access 2010 Web database for the first time and I found a lot of differences with the Access desktop database. I have a specific question about query parameters and how to pass them from a Form combo box.

In this web db, I have (tblClients) table, (qryClients) query, (frmClients) form, and (rptClients) report.

The query (qryClients) has the Parameter (AgencyName). Under the field of (Agency) criteria in this query I put the following expression:
Like [AgencyName] & "*"

The frmClinets Form has the combo box (comboAgency), and a command button (Run Report).

The scenario is to choose the agency name from the combo box (comboAgency) in the (frmClients) Form which supposed to filter and pull the data from the (qryClinets) Query and show all records of that specific Agency in the (rptClients) Report after clicking the (Run Report) button.

The (Run Report) button has (OnClick Event) to open a macro with the action (OpenReport) to open the (rptClients) Report, the macro action also has the Parameter: AgencyName = [comboAgency]

So far, if I run the query itself it works completely fine when I keep the parameter window blank or when I write a name of an agency. Also when I open the form (frmClients) and keep the combo Box (comboAgency) blank and click the (Run Report) button the report is opened with all records for all agencies in the table, but when I choose an agency from the combo list then I get nothing in the report.

The bottom line, the report does not show any record when I choose and put an agency name in the combo box (comboAgenyc) in the Form and click the Run Report button.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any suggestion for fixing this issue?

Thank you so much for your help and expertise.
Anwar

Anwar1968

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:38
Never mind. I found the issue and fixed it. There was something wrong with the ComboBox Lookup.
Thank you and have a good day.
Anwar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom