Recurring Event/Invoice (1 Viewer)

mtn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:47
Hello Everyone,

After searching for a week I found the attached to be close to what I want. The attached only works for weeks and not months or years. I want to be able select an event, indicate the number of occurrence say once a week, month, quater or year starting from a particular day.

If for example I select 01/08/2010 as the starting date of an event which I want to repeat once a month on Fridays for the next four months, my ending date will be 01/12/2010.

Once I press the save button, I want the code to be able to write into table the only four dates that meets the criteria above. The same will happen when I select week, quarter or year. Once I get this working I am confident I can modify the code so that I can use it for recurring invoices. I already have on my database, code to duplicate an invoice but I want to be able to generate recurring invoices too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Attachments

• WeekRecur.mdb
    404 KB · Views: 486

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 10:47
- I think for each type of cycle you want to be able to calculate you're going to need to have a UI to collect the specifics for that cycle type, and you need to write a little engine that does the math. I recommend you look at the VBA DateDiff() and DateAdd() functions, which will help.
- Your WeekRecur form allows entry of the day the cycle terminates, but what about bi-weekly cycles? If something repeats every four weeks you need another textbox to collect that information.
- For monthly recurrence schemes, note that "day of month" and "weekday x of nth week of month" are completely distinct. Data you need to collect and how you calculate those terminal points are a completely different problem.
- It's commonly easiest to calculate the first day of a period. This being the case, it is sometimes easiest to calculate the last of a period as being the first day of the next period - 1
Code:
LastDayOfPeriod1 = FirstDayOfPeriod2 - 1
Hope this helps.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
you can do this with a function. you need a case of some sort within the function

Code:
function createevents(startdate as date, enddate as date, interval as long)
dim activedate as date

activedate=startdate
while activedate<= enddate
   'sql statement to insert record
   activedate=startdate+interval
wend

end function

now this works for a fixed date interval (eg 7 days, 14 days)
if you want to use it to add months/quarters, then you possibly need additional arguments, and testing within the loop.

but basically the same thing. keep incrementing the activedate, until you reach the end of the time period.

mtn

Registered User.
Local time
I have been able to sort this out and the code works well now. I can create a recurring schedules based on the user input on my recurring form. I have another code that checks the recurring table to see if any scheduled invoice date is <= today. If any is true, it calls the Function CreateRecurringInvoice. Invoices are automatically created for them and mark as created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom