References Problem?!? (1 Viewer)

Treason

#@$%#!
Local time
Yesterday, 22:25
I have a networked FE/BE database in Acc97. The FE is on about 30 machines in the building.

On 40% of the machines I keep errors like... Error Undefined function Left([StuName], 4) or on Mid([Whatever], 1, 3). Seems like all the string functions dont work. I can't seem to figure out why this happens, or even how to fix it.

My application installer was created using ODE97. I can reinstall it but i get the same errors. I am assuming it has something to do with references. I am guessing MSO97.dll to be specific?

Is there any code I can run when my app starts that checks for broken references, copies neccesary dll, and then refreshes the reference?

Again, I am not even sure references are even the problem but I am assuming so...

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 19:25
I have had this problem before and solved it by simply rearranging references. Why this has woked I don't know, since the Left and Mid functions are members of the VBA.Strings object, which should always be present and always be first in the references priority.

As long as your applications on the 40% of the offending machines are not .mde files, open one of these in design view and change the priority of a reference and see if this makes a difference.

I've had, and solved this problem using Assess 2002 on machines running Windows XP Pro.

Treason

#@$%#!
Local time
Unfortunatley, they are MDE files.... I need to re-arrange the refereneces by code.

Anyone have ideas

Treason

#@$%#!
Local time
thanks for the help Pat... But unfortunatly I can't get a grasp on this thing. I found code to find broken references on support.microsoft.com which was useful. I wrote code to determine a broken ref then copy the appropriate dll or ocx file off the server and copy it locally. It's not really working, lol

If I find a solution i'll post it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom