Referrals AND Contacts (1 Viewer)

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
Today, 09:03
I work in healthcare and I am trying to produce a report to show both referrals and contacts for a given month on the same report but I am having problems structuring this.
The report is sub-grouped by referrer and diagnosis but on each page I want to show the total number of referrals AND the total number of contacts for a given month. However I can only seem to show one or the other. I created 2 queries, Referrals and Contacts then queried these to bring them together into the report. However if I have Referrals and Contacts for eg back pain in a month then everyting is ok but if I only have referrals OR contacts then I get a blank line.

I want to be able to show ALL referrals even if there are NO contacts for that diagnosis and ALL contacts even if there are NO referrals but a typical outer join only allows this one way. How could I best structure my report / query to show this data?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 01:03
Create two reports, one for Contacts and one for Referrals (based on a separate query for each). Then in a Main Report, insert both of the two in as Sub-reports. You can tie the main and each sub-report together based on your Key field (for example, Practitioner Number).

BL
hth
(also in healthcare environment)

[This message has been edited by boblarson (edited 04-15-2002).]

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
Cheers Bob,
Is there any way I can show the information all on 1 line for each diagnosis? ie in each referrer group, show all a list of diagnosis with the following info NumberReferred, AvgWait (qryReferrals) , NumberTreated, AvgTreatments, TotalTime (qryActivity) using the subreport strategy or do I have to settle with the subreports on different places on the page. I wanted to avoid having to duplicate Diagnoses on the page if possible.

Thanks for your help.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 01:03
On each of your reports, both sub and main, (you'll have to play with each to see if you get the results you want), you can use the GROUPING and SORTING feature to do that for you. You can turn the headers/footers on for each group/sort and then place your bound control for that particular group in the header or footer to have it show only once at the beginning for each grouping. Or, you can select the HIDE DUPLICATES property for the bound control that shows the group you want but don't want the value repeated down the page.

Hope that helps.

BL

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
Cheers Bob, I'll give that a whirl and feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom