Refresh or Change SQL server name (1 Viewer)

Tango

DB/Application Dev Newbie
Local time
Today, 12:25
Hi all,
I appear to be working may way through my wish list today of "thing I wish I had time to fix", mostly due to help from all of you. That being said I have one more problem to toss at your collective minds today.

I have an Access 2010 DB with a SQL server Enterprise backend. I normally just use a new DSN file to change the server name when I need to give another location access that has their own server.

I am wondering if it is possible to setup VBA in the autoexec macro to check when the DB is opened for a succesful sql connection. if the server is not responding, prompt the user for a new server network name.

A side note since I am talking SQL, anyone have code I can attach to a button to reconnect to the sql server when pushed? Our network has become famous for "hicupping" and dropping the connection just barely long enough to force the user to log out of access and back in to reconnect to the server. This problem has nothing to do with the first question but I hope to solve both.

Thanks guys.

Tango

DB/Application Dev Newbie
Local time
Today, 12:25
*crickets* lol, at least I feel better about not figuring this one out myself yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom