Refreshing multiple sub-reports after entering data in sub-form (1 Viewer)

darren_access

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:19
I have a parent form with 2 sub-reports providing sub-totals based on data shown in a subform(datasheet). Currently i have to position mouse in each sub-report and click 'refresh-all'. Cumbersome. When user adds new records or updates the amounts, i'd like the sub-reports to auto update.

is this possible?

Thanks for any tips!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:19
The idea of reports is to show a snapshot of data at a particular moment in time. They will automatically update when opened.
You shouldn't be expecting the report to be dynamic once opened.

darren_access

Registered User.
Local time
The idea of reports is to show a snapshot of data at a particular moment in time. They will automatically update when opened.
You shouldn't be expecting the report to be dynamic once opened.

Oic. I know there's functionality to do so for a subform when the master is changed, was just hoping similar functionality might be available for sub-report based on a subform change. Wishful thinking I know, but hey, never hurts to ask.

The dashboard has a combination of data entry and running total reports combined together to give the user a quick view of project billings against PO's.

For now I'll place a "Refresh" button to requery everything, unless someone has come up with an elegant way of doing it.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
oic = "oh, I see"... At least normally it does. It is a "Texting" abbreviation similar to "OMG".

darren_access

Registered User.
Local time
oic = "oh, I see"... At least normally it does. It is a "Texting" abbreviation similar to "OMG".

LMAO, sorry about that. I spend too much time texting and coding. Is that considered distracted coding?

If I wanted to refresh all the sub-reports in the dashboard at once, what's the best way to achieve this?

TIA (Thanks in advance:)

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
If the system is multi-user I would look into using a timer set to every 30 seconds to a minute. This avoids the issue of "Well, its been sitting there all day and nothing changes" when the person using it doesn't make changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom