Removing the Downarrow in a combo (1 Viewer)

JVermast

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:19
Is there any way to remove the down arrow in a combo box? I only want it to display something and not have someone able to edit it and the downarrow when the field is set to "Locked" makes it seem like the person can click the downarrow and click the item.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:19
You could also put a TextBox under the ComboBox with the same Control Source and make it visible and the ComboBox not visible as desired. Set Enabled = No and Locked = Yes on the new TextBox.

JVermast

Registered User.
Local time
RuralGuy said:
You could also put a TextBox under the ComboBox with the same Control Source and make it visible and the ComboBox not visible as desired. Set Enabled = No and Locked = Yes on the new TextBox.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by this. Do you mean use the combo box as the control source of my text box? I tried that and it didn't work.

If I just use the text box with the control source "idStatus" I still only get the Primary Key (Number) instead of the value associated with it.

JVermast

Registered User.
Local time
I found this in another thread:
modest said:
There many ways to do other workarounds as SJ describes, I figured you still wanted to use the combo box for some reason.

You could just have a hidden combo box and use a textbox who's value = combobox.itemdata(0) on a form's load. That's why hidden is such a special property. Programmer can use it and user can't see it =)

I have tried to make a textbox whose control sources says this "=Combo3.itemdata(0)" where my combo box is labelled "Combo3" but it doesn't work properly. Is there anything specific I need to do with the itemdata(0) part?

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
If I just use the text box with the control source "idStatus" I still only get the Primary Key (Number) instead of the value associated with it.
Try a TextBox with a Control Source of:
=Combo3.Column(1)

ItemData only returns the bound column data.

JVermast

Registered User.
Local time
Ahhh that makes sense, you choose column 1. Thanks!

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
You're welcome. The Column index is also zero based so Column(1) is the 2nd column.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom