Report error when quering via year

Erm, ok, I have a condensed version of the database, but how do I attach it to the forum? When I manage attachments it just says invalid file type, since its an access database

just wondering if anyone has anymore ideas about this? If needed I can email the stripped down database to people, but I dont seem to be able to upload it

You need to zip it before you can attach.

You can fix the columns returned by a crosstab by supplying a list of column headings. So if you use text months, use: "Jan", "Feb", "Mar", etc. If you use numeric months, use: "01", "02", etc or "1", "2", etc.

The columns which do not contain data should show as nulls so they will be unobtrusive.

Hmm, thats the wierd thing though, in my cross tab the 2 tables I have are a month table, with just the month number and month name, and my main table, the cross tab works fine for all years up to 2005, but then again, so did the previous query, but when I try it for 2005, it just returns up to month 10, even though I have it on a left join to display all the months, and it still gives me the same error :(

But your saying there is a way to manually input the column headings? If so how? I dont know myself as I'm kinda learning access as I go along really

Thanks for any help, and sorry for being so annoying!

Open the query in design view, open the property sheet for the query, the column headings property is there, I don't think you need the Months table either

You guys are like some kind of ultra super life savers!!! Many thanks to everyone that helped me, and I can only hope that some time in the future when my knowledge is a bit better that I can be as much help to an aspiring access programmer as you guys where to me! Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom