Report in general

Space Cowboy

Local time
Today, 08:31
Good Morning Good People
Can the report facility be made interactive so that its possible to scroll through the table by client or part number etc or is it to produce something that can be printed off?

Both

You can preview a report before printing it, but be aware that "interactive" has a VERY limited meaning in this context. You can scroll through the report but don't expect to be able to do anything with it OTHER than look at it.

I'm not sure if your question is academic or if you're approaching tentatively asking how to search and show few records at a time.
An option, pending clarification, could be a form with search field and max number of records to show...???
Reports are for print typically.

Can the report facility be made interactive so that its possible to scroll through the table by client or part number etc or is it to produce something that can be printed off?
The table has NO events. Therefore, the answer is no. If you want to scroll through a list of clients and print some report, you need to use a form to display the list of clients because the form DOES support events, then in some event, you need to open a report that you have already created and preview it or print it or save it as a .pdf.

Thank you all,
I suspected that report may be print only.
I also thought the "form" was for inputting data to the DB.
I want to look at an analysis by each sales rep, then the next rep etc
Without going through a new query everytime.

So you create a query for a report that groups by sales rep.
Then a form to select a range of reps or all of them.

NB: You have to sort and group WITHIN the report. It takes NO NOTICE of any source sort or grouping, other than to accept the source one record at a time.

Thank you all,
I suspected that report may be print only.
I also thought the "form" was for inputting data to the DB.
Reports can be used liked forms (almost, up to a point), but it's definitely better to use forms as forms and leave reports for hard copy printouts. Good luck!

Add a break to the report so that it goes to a new page for each sales person. No need for a new query.

You could also use a form which shows the sales person with a subform for the sales details. Scrolling the main form gets you to the next sales person. You can add a button to the form that prints/displays a report for just the visible sales person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom