Report (1 Viewer)

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:32
Hi Access family,
I have been trying to get some help for some time with this problem. Maybe I was not explaining properly, so I will try again to see if I can get this across properly.
I have a database for an account that has deposits and expenditure, The budget is three level eg.
Budget
Main Heading[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Description of main heading[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Accounting Heading Code[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Accounting Heading[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Item Code[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Item[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Type[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Amount[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Bze[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
1[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
BGA Capacity Strengthening[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
1.1[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Upgrade communication system[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
1.1.1[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Expense[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
$12,000.00[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

1[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
BGA Capacity Strengthening[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
1.1[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
1.1.2[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Acquire spore-trap assessment system (60% balance on signed contract)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
$3,995.36[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

2[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Improved quality & relevance of Technical & Vocational Education & Training[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
2.4[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Purchase of Technical Vocational Equipment[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
2.4.2[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Carpentry (60% balance on signed contract)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
$50,158.88[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

2[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Improved quality & relevance of Technical & Vocational Education & Training[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
2.4[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Purchase of Technical Vocational Equipment[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
2.4.3[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Agricultural Equipment (60% balance on signed contract)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
$7,539.35[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

I have quarterly reports to produce. One is a report showing the total spent by each item code for the previous quarter, the present quarter eg below with totals by account heading and Main Heading, and overall total for the entire budget and the budget amount and balances.
That works fine, as a total is generated for the item total which is matched with the budget : item, and the matching accounting codes and main heading is captured.
Where the problem starts is the to report the detail transactions for those summaries, and so each item brings the budgeted amount to the report eg
1.1 Paul Smith Exp 100 Budget 5000
1.1 John Paul Exp 200 Budget 5000
Total 300 10000

Whereas the budget for 1.1 is only 5000. The summary shows total exp correctly as 300 and budget as 5000.

I need some help in generating the detail report. I dont know any codes, I just work with the menus available. If necessary I can send a small version of the database.

Thanks

Cristina

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:32
please do send in your small version.

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Thank for responding. On the switchboard, click OPEN REPORT FORM. Data in the Dbase is from 22/11/13 to 30/9/15. Reports are run Dec 31, April 30 etc
So if I am running the Summary table of budget consumption by Budget, I would key in the beginning and ending date for the quarter reporting on, and the report would produce the desired results of previous and current consumption.
I had given up on the similar report which should show the detail transaction in similar format, with current and previous and would export to excel.
A button for the detail query is shown, also current and previous report separately. I have problem uploading, please see drop box link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhki0r1hqpu8j3s/BAMS DATABASE - WITH QUICK BOOKS REPORT - TEST.rar?dl=0

Thanks

shoji

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:32
Hi Christina,

Many people, myself included, don't use Dropbox. Can you manage to upload your db here?

I am not clear about your problem, but do you want the result to look like

1.1 Paul Smith Exp 100 Budget 5000
1.1 John Paul Exp 200 Budget 5000
Total 300 5000

?

Shoji

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
You don't have to have drop box.
Just click download, and where it says to create a dropbox, go to bottom and click NO THANKS and continue to download and you will get the DBase
I will try again, but I never get it to go .
Check out the option above and let me know please.
Thanks

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Click on the link, choose download, when box pops up to create a drop box, go to bottom and CHOSE NO and continue to download.

Thanks

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
One report should show Summary eg
Budget 1.1 500 Exp previous 100 Exp current 125 Balance 375
Detail should show
Budget 1.1 500 Exp previous 35 Exp current 60
Exp previous 65 Exp current 65
Budget 1.1 500 Exp previous 100 Exp current 125 Balance 375 TOTAL

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 08:32
Shoji was politely trying to tell you to upload your db here , not elsewhere. Compact repair it, and if still too big then zip it.

Attachments attached here let also others enjoy the efforts of the supporters, long after people's personal dropboxes etc have died.

BTW: USe descriptive titles. That is used in Similar threads at the bottom here, and is pretty useful to indeed find similar threads, provided the title has some meaning

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
I understand what he was asking me to do. I did not really think through the extent of it being available to others. However I don't know if I am not doing it right. I have a ZIP file, it is 225 KB. I click on the attachment icon, browse for my file, click upload and I get a message ..invalid file. the file a "rar" extension.
Is there something else I should be doing?
I hope I explained clearly.

Thanks

shoji

Registered User.
Local time
Christina,

No your file is not a zip file, it is a rar file and unless you have a specific program you cannot open it. Don't try to zip it. Just upload the mdb or accdb file.

Shoji

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you. I have attached the file.

Attachments

• BAMS DATABASE - WITH QUICK BOOKS REPORT - TEST.zip
    411.6 KB · Views: 79

shoji

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Cristina,

OK. I got your db. But I don't understand your question. Where can I see what you mentioned below?
One report should show Summary eg
Budget 1.1 500 Exp previous 100 Exp current 125 Balance 375
Detail should show
Budget 1.1 500 Exp previous 35 Exp current 60
Exp previous 65 Exp current 65
Budget 1.1 500 Exp previous 100 Exp current 125 Balance 375 TOTAL

Can you show me how you get the wrong report and where the wrong number is and what the correct number should be? I need a specific example.

Shoji

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,
I am attaching another version which is a bit clearer.
When database opens, choose open report form.
In dialog box type beginning date July1 , 2015 and ending date August 12, 2015

(1) Run report SUMMARY TABLE OF BUDGET CONSUMPTION BY BUDGET . Note the total for the report: BUDGET ESTIMATE , PREVIOUS RECORDS, CURRENT RECORDS

COMPARE WITH DETAIL TABLE OF EXPENDITURE BY BUDGET ……CURRENT RECORDS AND PREVIOUS RECORDS
It matches.

The detail report should actually be in the same format as the summary. (Previous and current combined on one report) However when I do the detail report it is not correct.
[FONT=&quot]Note: Query DETAIL TABLE OF BUDGET CONSUMPTION[/FONT]

Attachments

• BAM Accompanying Measures 2012 PE2.zip
    438 KB · Views: 76

shoji

Registered User.
Local time
Cristina,

Hi,
I am attaching another version which is a bit clearer.
When database opens, choose open report form.
In dialog box type beginning date July1 , 2015 and ending date August 12, 2015

(1) Run report SUMMARY TABLE OF BUDGET CONSUMPTION BY BUDGET . Note the total for the report: BUDGET ESTIMATE , PREVIOUS RECORDS, CURRENT RECORDS

OK. So far so good. But
COMPARE WITH DETAIL TABLE OF EXPENDITURE BY BUDGET ……CURRENT RECORDS AND PREVIOUS RECORDS
It matches.
Are you talking about "Detail Table of Expenditure By Budget Heading -Current Report"? If so, I can see 2 columns of numbers, but no numbers under Previous Records. Exactly what matches? The only numbers that match are the total current records from both reports.

And
The detail report should actually be in the same format as the summary. (Previous and current combined on one report) However when I do the detail report it is not correct.
[FONT=&quot]Note: Query DETAIL TABLE OF BUDGET CONSUMPTION[/FONT]

This is where I am totally confused. "Detail Table of Expenditure By Budget Heading - Current Report" does not use "DETAIL TABLE OF BUDGET CONSUMPTION" as its record source. It uses "QryDetailCurrent Consumption" which does not have a column for "Previous Records". So, it is not just the format, but the record source is not designed to match the first report. You should explain more clearly.

I found your queries are pretty confusing. But that is a different story.

Shoji

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for answering.
On the attached PDF named screen - a picture of the report form. At the bottom you will see two separate reports. One named current report and one marked first report (which is actually the previous records) which are the details matching the Summary table of budget consumption by Budget

These come from two queries : (1) QryDetailCurrent Consumption and (2) Detail Previous. These reports match with the summary.

However it should not be separate reports , but one similar to the summary report in format, where it shows budget, list detail of previous records, current records.
When I combine the two queries 1 and 2 with the budget query Revised Budget Detail Estimate Heading it does not come out right.
If you please, you might try running a query with the query: Revised Budget Detail Estimate Heading, QryDetailCurrent Consumption, Detail Previous joined by Item Code.
I hope you can understand what I am trying to explain.

Thanks

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,
Let me explain. The DBase has a table named EXPENDITURE.
The report is to show for any given date selected...all previous expenditure before the begin date (PREVIOUS RECORDS) and all that date forward (CURRENT RECORDS). Match with the Budget by Item Code .
One report is a summary, so for each item code there is going to be One figure for Previous, and One figure current reading for the query.
When it comes to the detail there are many figures for each item in each previous and current records, matching with only one from the budget.
You may want to try a small query yourself. You may notice the figure in my SUMMARY is not the total in the table, as it is a conversion to EURO $ USING 2.73725. The table expenses is in Belize dollars.
Hope you can help. I know my queries are a bit off.
thanks

shoji

Registered User.
Local time
Cristina,

I am attaching your program with my additions. Here is a brief explanation. I took your last post as a cue and interpreted in my way. I am sure this is not exactly what you have in mind, but this may illustrate how to make reports.

I added a table called tblDate_ExchangeRate. This will hold the current fiscal year, the current date (the date you want to set as the divider between Previous and Current), and the exchange rate to use. On the Report Menu you will see a button to open the form, frmDate_ExchangeRate.

I added the field, BudgetYear. I suggest you use this to match the expenditure table.

I created several queries and you can study them.

qryBudget_EU: Conversion of Euro from Budget table
qryExpenditure_EU: Conversion of Euro from Expenditure table
qryRemainingBudget_EU: the base source for the report, rptBudgetExpenditureComparison
qryExpenditure_EU_ByDate: Total amount spent up to the current date
qryExpenditure_EU_Current: Expenditure details after the current date
qryExpenditure_EU_Previous: Expenditure details before the current date
qryExpenditure_EU_Previous_Total: Expenditure total before the current date

The report I created is called "rptBudgetExpenditureComparison", but I didn't have time now to create a button to open it. You can find it in the Navigation Tool.

More explanation tomorrow. :| zzzz..

Attachments

• BAM Accompanying Measures 2012 PE2 Modified.zip
    485.6 KB · Views: 75

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you. I will go through it.
Much appreciated.

Cristina

Registered User.
Local time
Observations:
The Amounts in the budget table are in Euros, so in your query qryBudget_EU, the figures should not be converted.
In the qryExpenditure_EU, when converting to EU we divide, as it is 1 EURO = 2.19490 Bze and the amounts in the expenditure table is in Belize $.
After doing that, changing that in your Database, your report now matches mine. In my dialog box I put beginning date July 1, 2015 and current date as ending date. RUN report SUMMARY TABLE BY BUDGET CONSUMPTION BY BUDGET.
You will note that the totals appear at top of the detail, as that is how it is required by the agency.
Also, it is required to show both expenditure prior to the date e.g. 1/7/15 and expenditure after that date. The purpose as reports are sent in quarterly, it would show all expenditure previously and for the quarter being reported on.
I have attached two examples in reference to the above.
Thanks

Attachments

• (3)RptSUMMARY table of budget consumption L by budget FINAL.zip
    95.5 KB · Views: 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom