Ribbon Issue (1 Viewer)

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:28
I have a custom ribbon that works fine for me, but on the client's computer it only seems to partially work. Below is a snippet of code that toggles the visibility of all groups in the ribbon. It is just a fail safe that I put in a hidden form the end user doesn't really have access to. This code works for me, but does nothing for him, even though I know the code runs when the end user clicks the button. Does anyone see a reason for this? The code is not very efficient, since I invalidate the ribbon over and over. Could that be the cause? It is hard for me to test since I don't have direct access to the computer. I've even tried upgrading my version of access from 2007, to 2010, and to 2013, and see no change.

Code:
    If Me.Command0.Caption = "Show All" Then
        Me.Command0.Caption = "Hide All"
        ribbon.ShowAll True, True
    Else
        Me.Command0.Caption = "Show All"
        ribbon.ShowAll False, True
    End If

Code:
Public Sub ShowAll(boo As Boolean, Optional booChangeAdmin As Boolean = False)
    On Error GoTo err
    Dim i As enumGroupVisibility
    For i = 0 To 25
        If i = 16 Then
            If booChangeAdmin Then
                Visible i, boo
            End If
        Else
            Visible i, boo, False
        End If
    Next
    Exit Sub
err:
End Sub

The visible sub just sets the boolean variable and invalidates. i is an integer that indicates which boolean to change and boo is the value to change it to. i=16 is a special case that toggles the visibility of the admin button.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:28
try enabling "Show add-in user interface error" on Option->Client Settings->General, maybe there was some error while loading your custom ribbon on the other pc.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:28
It is enabled on mine, but probably not the clients. Thanks, I'll try that, though I don't expect it to return anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom