Row Breaks in import specs in Access 2000 (1 Viewer)

dapfeifer

Bringing Maverick Mojo
Local time
Today, 03:18
Hey everyone, new question.

Is there any way possible to have row breaks in the imports specs of access 2000? While the data I'm importing is mostly in columns, it does change its "header" (if you will) for different customers. I suppose you could look at it like bank account transactions. See the attached file for an example similar to the data I'm using.

I need to organize the data to store the client and account as the identifiers for the trans id, trans type, amount, and so forth. The data would be imported from a text file. Because the column breaks won't line up I can't just put them in their own columns. Any ideas at all?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE::

Fooled around with it some more and found a way to extract just the client and account from the file. I'm guessing now I'll have to do another import to match the data, but am presented with the same problem as before since the columns don't line up. A query or vba code may also be able to solve this problem, but in all honesty my coding skills are somewhat lacking and am not really sure where to start. I'll continue to hack away at it though and post any other progress I may make.

Last edited:

dapfeifer

Bringing Maverick Mojo
Local time
Today, 03:18
I've updated the example to better reflect the data I'm trying to perform this operation to.

Attachments

• Example2.txt
    398 bytes · Views: 91

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom