Question Run-Time error 3000 (1 Viewer)

cliftonx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:16
Hello, I'm experiencing a run-time error 3000. The following is an excerpt of the code that I'm using:

If [report selection] = 3 Then
DocName = "rptGrossFieldSummary"
Set qdfList = db.QueryDefs("qrySp_GrossFieldSummary")
strSQL = "exec sp_GrossFieldSummary'" & Application.CurrentUser & "','" & Me.Title.Value & "','" & Me.Lease_Fraction & "'"

qdfList.SQL = strSQL

DoCmd.OpenReport DocName, acNormal

The above is a simple pass-through query and report. I'm using MS Access 2003 as my front-end and Sql Server 2000 as my back-end. The code terminate while executing the DoCmd command. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Please Advise?

Thanks,
Cliff

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:16
Is there a text description for RTE 3000? Offhand, the only thing I see as a potential problem is the lack of a space between the SP name and the single quote for the first value. I assume all your values are text rather than numeric data types?

cliftonx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:16
Here is the err description I'm getting:

"Reserved error(-7711); there is no message for this error"

Users are allowed to select client codes and run the report based on the code(s) they select. The report runs perfectly for all client codes submitted except for one particular code. When this code gets selected the report gives the 3000 error number as well as the above err description.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:16
What is the code, and how does it differ from others? Does it have a special character or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom