Runtime error 2501: OpenForm cancelled (1 Viewer)

PHJ

Local time
Today, 20:40
Hi folks
I wonder if anyone can help me (a newbie) with a question. I've got a form and it has a button on it next to a field called Younionize_ID. The idea is that when you click the button it takes you to another form (called Communications), and then to the particular record where the value of ID is the same as the value that was in the Younionize_ID field. The values are both defined as General Number.

To do this I have modified a bit of script which is working fine in a couple of other places (though for text values).

The code that I'm having the problem with is:

Private Sub Younionize_Rep_Click()
DoCmd.OpenForm "Communications", acNormal, , "[ID]='" & Me![Younionize ID] & "'", acFormEdit, acWindowNormal
End Sub

What I get when I click the button is:
Runtime Error 2501
The OpenForm Action was cancelled.

:mad:I've done everything I can to debug, which is admittedly not a hell of a lot. Any ideas????

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:40
Try this:
....., ,"ID = Forms!FormName!FieldName", acFormEdit......

PHJ

Local time
Thanks MStef. I did as you suggested, editing the script to this:

Private Sub Younionize_Rep_Click()
DoCmd.OpenForm "Communications", acNormal, , "ID = Forms!Unions!Younionize ID", acFormEdit, acWindowNormal
End Sub

and got the error message:

"Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'ID = Forms!Unions!Younionize ID'.

Frustrating - I feel like I ought to be able to work it out from that, but still can't. Does this error message help??

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:40
Put
"ID = [Forms]![FormName]![FieldName]"

PHJ

Local time
YESSSSS!!!!!

You rock!!!!

And again, and again, cos that's a perfect little snippet of code I'll be able to use all over the place. Thanks very much indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom