Saving Custom Paper Sizes (1 Viewer)

P

Posh

Is it possible to save a report with a custom paper size and custom margins for that report only? The way I am doing it now works with some printers but not other printers. Seems like a printer driver issue. If someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

StephenS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:18
I've had a similar problem. About two months ago I submitted this topic and never received a reply - perhaps it's a bug. My experience has been ... if you save a report in design view with the right page setup, it USUALLY remembers the margins - but not always. I have not tried to save a different paper size. The printer I use is an HP 2100 M.

Using VBA code, I am able to bring up the page that sets the margins in a report just before I print it. I do this with the syntax, "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPageSetup". However, I do not yet know of any syntax to automatically set the margins on the page that comes up.

Let me know if you run into a fix for the problem.

StephenS

StephenS

Registered User.
Local time
I may have just found something - at least for the margins. Margins can be set in code using:

me.left=".5"
me.toop="1"
etc.

Still don't have anything for custom paper sizes but it's a start!

StephenS

R

Richie

Isn't it a problem with the actual printer, with some printers printing closer to the edges than others and some printers do not actually support custom paper sizes. This article may be of some help.Q129748

P

Posh

Thanks for the article Richie. Im still not sure what is happening since all my printers I am using support custom paper sizes. And as far as I can tell the margins are within limits for all of them too. I am going to re-check everything again though just to make sure. Thanks again.

StephenS

Registered User.
Local time
I'll be looking for Richie's article myself. The code above gives me an error of "This property is read-only and can't be set" in my application.

StephenS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom