Scary

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yesterday, 22:49
This happened in my neighborhood yesterday. This girl lived 1 block away from us. I guess we better step up our efforts to sell our house and get moved. :(

(jsanders won't want to read this. ;) )

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0306/314417.html

Rich said:

It's terrible. At least they caught the guy already. Apparently he lives (lived) in our neighborhood too. :mad: Our neighborhood really isn't bad either. It's an older neighborhood, lots of elderly people who have lived in the same houses for years and years, usually nice and quiet. Our biggest complaint recently (aside from wanting more room and a better school district) has been a problem with people speeding down our street. I guess you're not safe anywhere. :(

MrsGorilla said:
has been a problem with people speeding down our street.
I'm curious here, do your authorities do anything to address the problem, speed cameras, traffic calming measures etc.?

Awful crime, truly horrific.

Why would the police release a photo of the poor girl, but "Authorities have not released the girl's identity"? I understand that this is usually for family to be informed, but the article details her father driving around looking for her - so he obviously knows what happened to his daughter, so one would assume other immediate family also know.

Seems rather odd, that's all.:confused:

Rich said:
I'm curious here, do your authorities do anything to address the problem, speed cameras, traffic calming measures etc.?

In the most problem areas they do. On the main roads there are cameras in some areas. In the neighborhoods, there are some "speed humps". I filled out an application for speed humps for our street a while back and never heard anything. :rolleyes: They came and laid the strips down on our street to measure the amount and the speed of the traffic on our street but I never heard whether we qualified for speed humps or not. Part of the problem is that the city is recovering from a budget crunch a few years ago, so they can't afford to just put them everywhere right now. Of course, since I work on the same floor as the guy who takes care of that stuff I guess I can just go ask him about it. Also, since we have a friend who is a motorcycle cop he has asked us if he can come and sit in our driveway since he has seen the problem firsthand when visiting our house.

commandolomo said:
Awful crime, truly horrific.

Why would the police release a photo of the poor girl, but "Authorities have not released the girl's identity"? I understand that this is usually for family to be informed, but the article details her father driving around looking for her - so he obviously knows what happened to his daughter, so one would assume other immediate family also know.

Seems rather odd, that's all.:confused:

Maybe they thought someone may have remembered seeing the girl somewhere after she was abducted and that may lead to more clues?

KenHigg said:
Maybe they thought someone may have remembered seeing the girl somewhere after she was abducted and that may lead to more clues?

Yeah I got that part, just thought it was strange that they were eager to release a photo but not release an identity. Guess someone somewhere has a reason :o

commandolomo said:
Yeah I got that part, just thought it was strange that they were eager to release a photo but not release an identity. Guess someone somewhere has a reason :o

I don't really understand that either. They released her identity after the b@stard was caught. I'm just upset that it could happen so close to where I live. :mad: :(

MrsGorilla said:
Of course, since I work on the same floor as the guy who takes care of that stuff I guess I can just go ask him about it. Also, since we have a friend who is a motorcycle cop he has asked us if he can come and sit in our driveway since he has seen the problem firsthand when visiting our house.

I would certainly use your influence to get them installed, as for the traffic cop sitting in your driveway, that may not go down well with your neighbours ;) :D

Rich said:
I would certainly use your influence to get them installed, as for the traffic cop sitting in your driveway, that may not go down well with your neighbours ;) :D

I don't care. We'll (hopefully) be moving soon. :D

MrsGorilla said:
I don't care. We'll (hopefully) be moving soon. :D

Be careful, it may just fall through, or you might jump out of the frying pan into the.....................;)

It was a really sad to watch that story on TV.

I'm glad that the (insert your own expletive) was caught quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom