Scolling mouse wheel and VB code

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 18:04
Hi All

Up to this week I had Windows 95 and Access 97. Now I have windows 2000 and Access 97.

My mouse wheel used to scroll down VB code in Win 95 but now in Win 2000 it won't! Its a bit of a sod using the scroll bars all the time.

Any clues as to why this may be?

Thanks for any help

Col
:cool:

I tested it, I have Windows ME and Access 2000 and the scroll doesn't work either. Have you installed a specific mouse or just a general one? Maybe that has something to do with it. Don't know but it is strange.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I don't really know what it is. Someone installed it for me. Its a Microsoft mouse if that helps.

Perhaps the mouse needs to be re-installed.

Col

I had the same prob then discovered that the intelli mouse can be plugged in like a normal mouse, where it usually but not always works, or you can load up the software for it and theoretically it works but has a tendency to crash!! Take your pick:)

I have a Compaq mouse and I still have the same problem. Maybe there is a different problem somewhere or maybe it can be solved by some service pack or update (as usual ;) )

You need to install the Microsoft IntelliPoint Mouse Software. You can find it at Microsoft.com. It will work with a non Microsoft wheel mouse. Try the link below to download the correct version for your O/S...

Download IntelliPoint Mouse Software

If you are interested, check out my A better mouse trap? sample db I posted that shows you how to prevent a users scrolling mouse wheel from advancing to another record if the current record was modified but not saved.

HTH

Thanks Ghudson - I'll have a stab at that tomorrow.

I appreciate your help.

Col
:cool:

Yep..... worked brilliantly. Code now scrolls a treat.

Thank you very much

Really appreciated

Regards

Col
:D

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I installed a new system (WinXP Pro), and I didn't manage to use the Intellipoint Mouse driver to work. I'm using the mouse wheel all the time in VBA, so not having that working is a real pain.

So here's another app that makes it work again. :)

geralf said:
I installed a new system (WinXP Pro), and I didn't manage to use the Intellipoint Mouse driver to work.
This is an old thread that needs to be updated. Even though you are using Windows XP [Pro or Home] you have to install the older 4.12 version of the IntelliPoint Mouse Software.

IntelliPoint 4.12 Mouse Software for Windows

The IntelliPoint version 5.0 or 5.12 does NOT work in the VBA editor window with Windows XP! I advise you to burn the IntelliPoint version 4.12 to a CD and store it in a safe place for Microsoft will eventually not post both of these versions once they no longer support Windows 98 downloads.

Yes, I was aware of that. I tried this version but it didn't work on my system though. (WinXP Pro/MSA2k3). I then started searching for other solutions and came across the FreeWheel. I actually used the InteliPoint 4.12 software on my computer at work (same specs) and here it works. Hardware is not the same.

I just wanted others that may have the same problem that there is an alternative. The FreeWheel software works well on my system at home.

It's however strange that Microsoft don't fix this, because it's a real pain not to be able to scroll the VBE window with the mouse wheel - especially when you have gotten acustomed to it.

There is more to it with some of the newer computers. Luckily Microsoft has already created a workaround for those that need to be able to use their mouse scroll wheel in the VB editor and it will work for the VB editor in all Office products and Visual Basic 6. You still need to install the old 4.12 version of the IntelliPoint Mouse Software. This thread will provide the instructions you need to follow to make it work... Mouse wheel events do not work in the Visual Basic 6.0 IDE - KB837910

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom