Scooters

Which motorcycle would you rather own:

• Total voters
KenHigg said:
I quess the truth sometimes hurts... :rolleyes:
It hurts less if you're wearing a helmet :cool: :rolleyes:

Rich said:
It hurts less if you're wearing a helmet :cool: :rolleyes:

I wonder how we can require people to wear a seat belt and then not require a helmet? I'm guessing the insurance co's aren't pushing the issue yet :rolleyes:

KenHigg said:
I wonder how we can require people to wear a seat belt and then not require a helmet? I'm guessing the insurance co's aren't pushing the issue yet :rolleyes:
Actually what you need is a government that cares about it's people and not the financial cost to insurance companies, still that's capitalism for you:rolleyes:

Rich said:
Actually what you need is a government that cares about it's people and not the financial cost to insurance companies, still that's capitalism for you:rolleyes:

People don't belong to a government :rolleyes:

Maybe we need people that care about it's government ;)

Rich said:

KenHigg said:

The government belong to the people and thus is supposed to look after them, though of course you don't have a government do you, unless you're going into another war that is:rolleyes:

Rich said:
The government belong to the people and thus is supposed to look after them, though of course you don't have a government do you, unless you're going into another war that is:rolleyes:

This is an interesting proposition and may be one of the fundamental differences in European (or at least Rich's) and American (or at least my) views. See, I don't think the government is supposed to look after me, nor do I want it to. Interesting concept that something I (co-)own is supposed to look after me...

In the states, where I live at least, one of the minimum requirements to be met before a city can be incorporated into a legal identity, is that it must propose at least three basic services it can provide it's citizens to be. Say police dept, garbage collection and maybe water services.

I think this is how it should work all the way up through the levels of government - What can be done collectively that we may not be able to do alone. We collectively pay a police dept to keep the traffic in check, pick up the garbage and supply the area with water. If an area falters, we need to fix it. Hence, I look after it, not it look after me...

yada, yada, yada...

Brianwarnock said:
The people he has paid to do it, either through medical insurance or taxes.

Brian

That's an interesting set of exclusive options... There are people that pay doctors, etc out-of-pocket...:)

KenHigg said:
That's an interesting set of exclusive options... There are people that pay doctors, etc out-of-pocket...:)

I did that once too for urgent eye surgery, b****y NHS couldn't help, but didn't think it the norm. Sorry didn't mean to close any other avenues but feel that as those who fund our medical treatment are taking care of ourselves, which i thought was what we , sorry you, were argueing.

Brian

Brianwarnock said:
I did that once too for urgent eye surgery, b****y NHS couldn't help, but didn't think it the norm. Sorry didn't mean to close any other avenues but feel that as those who fund our medical treatment are taking care of ourselves, which i thought was what we , sorry you, were argueing.

Brian

I'm with you all the way - I think what you said is the norm here as well. Except maybe it's insurance and medicare (When you qualify) :) Kind of rare that one actually pays the entire tab out of pocket...

KenHigg said:
I'm with you all the way - I think what you said is the norm here as well. Except maybe it's insurance and medicare (When you qualify) :) Kind of rare that one actually pays the entire tab out of pocket...

So it's ok for the government to introduce legislation to protect the wealth of insurance companies but not to protect the people? :confused:

Sorry, I'm not sure what 'double dutch' means :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom