selling your work (2 Viewers)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:08
As I said earlier, you need a website that the app can contact. The website needs to have a table with authorized users and a seat count. Each app has to register with the website and log internal information about the PC's processor or some other piece of hardware. Then when the app opens, it compares that hardware signature with what is in the table on the website. SageKey used to offer something like this but I'm not sure if it still does. I don't know of any other companies that offer this functionality.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:08
I just found a book that might help you.

From Program to Product By Rocky Smolin, published by Apress.

Much of it is question and answer format but it will make you think about all the details.

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:08
Here's one I just whipped up for my client (see attachments). We've mutually agreed to divide his database requirement into two separate databases: one for Accounts and one for Orders. This is the Accounts DB, made with Access 2016.

P.S. If any of you guys are in Albany, Western Australia, don't forget to drop by Wakes Music on Albany Highway, just up the top of York St. ;)

P.P.S. One goes about selling the database by a) offering a prototype, b) showing off some designs (e.g. ER diagram), and c) working on the prototype until it's good enough to be worth buying. This info is coming from something of a novice, BTW, but someone who has completed courses in database design and found a client to latch on to.

P.P.P.S. Good luck!

Attachments

• WakesAccountDB_Snip.JPG
    WakesAccountDB_Snip.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 64
  • WakesAccountDB_Clients_Snip.JPG
    WakesAccountDB_Clients_Snip.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 58
  • WakesAccountDB_EditClient_Snip.JPG
    WakesAccountDB_EditClient_Snip.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 61
  • WakesAccountDB_Account_Snip.JPG