SEND E-MAIL TO STAFF, ONCE INFO HAS BEEN ADDED TO ACCESS TABLE VIA WEB FORM (1 Viewer)

DaleFromEngland

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:45
This is my query!

IS it possible to create some code that would allow the staff in an office to know if a user has entered information into an access database, via e-mail.

So for instance, if a user filled in information on a Webform , once the information has been sent to the database, i want the database to e-mail a notifaction to members of staff! Any Ideas

Thanks

Talismanic

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:45
Yes it is possible and the script to do it can be found here:

Topic: Data Entry via Internet

All you would need to do is to modify it something like this:

Set Mailer = Server.CreateObject("JMail.SMTPMail")
Mailer.Sender= "Access Mail Bot"
Mailer.SenderName = "Database Creater's Name"
Mailer.AddRecipient "members@yourstaff.com"
Mailer.Subject = "Some one entered data my form."
Mailer.ContentType = "text/html"

All you need to do is put this into the script that puts the form information into Access so that it is run every time this form is processed. You will need to check to see if your server uses JMail, if not find out which email compenent is available and I can help you modify that part. If the members that should get this email are in a distribution group you can just use the group address. If not, you can use multiple recipients right from the script.

By the way this all assumes that your webserver is hosted with a server that supports ASP. Most NT servers do.

Oh yea, and if you click the link that says subscribe to my newsletter you will see how that script works. If you put in a real email address an email will be sent to you asking you to confirm that you want to suscribe. Don't worry this is a demo so I will not be sending you any newsletters.

[This message has been edited by Talismanic (edited 08-29-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom