Sending a Form via email (1 Viewer)

barretc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:47
Hi,

So far I know there is a wizard for being able to create a button that sends a Form Report. What I really want to do though is when the user clicks the button on the form, just the form is sent/attached to the email, effectively giving the viewer/receiver a screenshot of the Form in question.

Thanks in advance,

Barret

ansentry

Access amateur
Local time
Today, 20:47
You can send a report attached to an email or imbedded into an email but I don't think you can sent a form.

Why would you want to send a form?

barretc

Registered User.
Local time
Customer support reps enter data in the form off site, and if it's an issue dealing with the company i'm working for, the csr needs to get those details to me.

I found another way to do it, but thanks in regards to the suggestion. The reports however aren't very well formatted in the email attachment. Quite frankly, they are quite chaotic.

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Today, 05:47
Try searching for "DoCmd.SendObject" method. You can send any report you create in Access in "snapshot" format. Works very ell.

barretc

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry CEH, I don't think I was clear enough. The reports that are sent aren't formatted very well. I am trying to send a "snapshot", but of the actual Form. Thanks for the suggestions nonetheless.

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Today, 05:47
I agree with "ansentry" ...."Why would you want to send a form?" I would want to see a report........

ImLost

Registered User.
Local time
Don't know if it helps at all, but I noticed that sending reports in Rich Text Format makes them less chaotic. The formatting just needs to be simple in design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom