Setting Macro Security Level (1 Viewer)

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 21:18
People

Please bear with me as I retired 3 years ago and a company I worked for 4 years ago have asked me for some assistance. I have searched and have found some info but am still in need of guidance.

Databases migrated from say Acc97 to 2003 immediately bumped into Macro Security. No problem Tools/Macro/Security allowed you to reset security to lowest and all okay. You did have an Option message come up to run all macros but the Tools/ ... route allowed a solution tha talso then stopped the message box.

I am now attempting to deal with Acc2003 under Acc2007 and Acc2010. Mostly the Options comes up and by taking the link to Trust Centre a similar fix can be applied.

But I have one situation where I do not get the Option message, cannot find a Tools/Macro/Security type path through the menus and therefore cannot get the database to run. It opens to Opening form but will go no further.

I now understand that this Trust Centre is actually a registy entry, Bit hesitant about tweaking in registry as well.

Is there
a) a Tools/Macro/Security thingy in 2007
b) Is there a way to fire up the trust centre so that I can fix that way
c) Is there a way to force the options message and get to trust centre that way

All guidance appreciated

Regards

Len Boorman
out of retirement for a few days

epon78

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:18
You can get to the trust center through Access options. Not sure if you are using Access 2007 or 2010 - in Access 2007 it's under the office button, and Access 2010 under the file tab. Not database-specific. As long as you add the location to your trust center databases in that location will be trusted.

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 21:18
Thank you for response. Still getting to grips with things after a 4 year gap

Cheers

Len

epon78

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:18
Welcome back. Access 2007 is a great program. So is 2010 but I'm not ready to rely on it - waiting for SP 2 on that one. They have introduced a lot of new features - great time to be re-learning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom