Setting up automatic reminders (1 Viewer)

RJM3750

Local time
Yesterday, 21:48
Access 2010. I have a renewal date field, that I put dates in. I want to set up an automatic reminder for 30 days prior to the renewel date.
Thank you

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:48
Welcome to the forum.

You could compare the Renewal Date with current date and activate a reminder message based on that comparison.

If you have a Welcome form or other form that is loaded when the DB is started you could do this in that form's On Load event with some code along the lines of;
Code:
If Me.YourReminderDate - 30 <= Date() Then
     MsgBox "Renewal Reminder"
End If

MarieLine77

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:48
Welcome to the forum.

You could compare the Renewal Date with current date and activate a reminder message based on that comparison.

If you have a Welcome form or other form that is loaded when the DB is started you could do this in that form's On Load event with some code along the lines of;
Code:
If Me.YourReminderDate - 30 <= Date() Then
     MsgBox "Renewal Reminder"
End If

Hello John Big Booty,

I would like to set a reminder on the following two tables:
tblCourseDate
tblSupervisionDate
(15 days before the date in the following fields)

I have a switchboard that opens on start up with already 3 separate open forms buttons.

I have selected Event, then On Load, Code Builder and now I have the following on screen so what shall I type in:

Option Compare Database

Private Sub Form_Load()

End Sub

Thank you.

Cthompson

Local time
Hey John,

I have a contacts database and want a membership reminder 30 days before their year is up. In the contacts table i created a "start date" field and an "end date" field. How can i set a reminder 30 days before the "end date".?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:48
Create a query that selects the reminder records.
Select ...
From ...
Where YourReminderDate - 30 <= Date();

There are several ways to use the query depending on what you want to do. One possibility is to use DCount() to determine if the query contains any records and if it does, open a form that uses the query as its RecordSource. You could put this code in the Open event of your opening form.

If Dcount("*", "yourcountquery") > 0 Then
DoCmd.OpenForm "yourformname"
End If

Cthompson

Local time
Hey Pat,

Thank you for the reply. I guess the reply went to my spam folder. New question. I have the 2003 membership database and i want to set a pop up renewal date reminder that will open when the main switchboard opens. I have added a "renewal date field" to the members table. I want the reminder for 30 days before the date. Can you assist? the question is open to all those more knowledgeable than me.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You~

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:48
I believe that was what the air code I posted will do. Adjust the column and query names. Create the query and add the code to the Open event of your opening form.

RAVINDRA KUMAR

Local time
Today, 10:18
Hello John Big Booty,

I would like to set a reminder on the following two tables:
tblCourseDate
tblSupervisionDate
(15 days before the date in the following fields)

I have a switchboard that opens on start up with already 3 separate open forms buttons.

I have selected Event, then On Load, Code Builder and now I have the following on screen so what shall I type in:

Option Compare Databasebv

Private Sub Form_Load()

End Sub

Thank you.

thks for this kind act

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom