Several questions (1 Viewer)

NADYAS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:24
Hello,

I'm new to access, did read some tutorials, but still facing some problems.
I'm making a simple database, so I think my questions are not that hard.

1.I have a Main form which I have in : ID, Fname, Mname, Lname, Age, Gender.
How can I create a drop down menu in second and third form, in which user can select the ID(from drop down) and the same data Entered in Main Menu can be entered in text fields in second and third form.
2. I have one huge form, the page is full about 225 fields, can I split to several forms ? should I create a button that takes me from first to second form so I can continue entering date ? should there be a relation between these forms ? If you please explain how, it would be great.
3. I also have form called screening, In it there is a session number, I have a form called progress note, I need to create several new progress notes in several dates for one session number, how can I do that ?
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:24
By the way, in #1 and #2 you used the word forum instead of form. I fixed that for you.

From your description, your database is not designed properly. I think you should post a copy of your design in the Theory and Practice of Database Design category here so people can help you get that correct before you do anything else.

The design is the most important thing and if it is garbage, the rest will be garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom