Shortcut Menu (1 Viewer)

dttate66

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:26
Ok folks, here we go...I built my database, but I do not want the users to see the "Access" window, so I have a short cut on the desktop, and under property setting, I run it minimized. In the database options under current database I directed it to the first "Form" which is a login form (see attachment Log-In Screen Shot.jpg) when you fill in the answers correctly it takes you to a menu screen (see attachment Menu Screen Shot.jpg) You pick out the option you want, for this purpose, I picked the first option (see attachment Event Details Screen Shot.jpg) In this screen, I picked out the Open Call Sheet Report (see attachment Report Screen Shot.jpg). Now my problem is, when you have the Access Database Window Minimized, it does not let you use short-cut menus (Right-Click drop down menu) is there a way to force it? or can I create one with and .xml file??

Attachments

• Log-In Screen Shot.jpg
    Log-In Screen Shot.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Menu Screen Shot.jpg
    Menu Screen Shot.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Events Detail Screen Shot.jpg
    Events Detail Screen Shot.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 73
  • Report Screen Shot.jpg
    Report Screen Shot.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 66

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 18:26
This sounds very similar to my Set Windows example database
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=293584

When you open the application with the database window hidden, you will be using a popup form.
As you have observed, the right click context menu is not available even if you set Shortcut Menu = Yes.

In many cases, hiding the database window is done not just for aesthetic reasons but as a security measure.
Therefore not having a context menu makes sense.

To get round this restriction, you will have to design in ways of replicating any context menu features you need.

If you check out my example, you will see how I show the print preview ribbon whilst a report is open but revert to no database window objects once it is closed.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom