Simple error

lee_morgan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:36
I am designing a table that will be used on a Form...thee will be a series of yes/no questions. I wanted to include a list box that the user adds one or the other. However i can't remember how to do it :D :confused:

All help gratefully received

lee_morgan said:
I am designing a table that will be used on a Form...thee will be a series of yes/no questions. I wanted to include a list box that the user adds one or the other. However i can't remember how to do it :D :confused:

Don't bind the table to the forum, firstly. Base a query on the table and bind the query to the form.

Also, can you explain this series of yes/no questions further please?

Thanks for your response...hopefully the attachment will make it look clearer. One other problem I have is the fact that each form is relative to a new table. I have done as you say and bound them to a query however I want the NHS number to be shown on each form. I know its something to do with the relationships but I' darned if i know how to

Kind regards,

Attachments

ok.. i dont understand what you mean...

You want the user to select a question and add it....(where?).. :confused: ...

i might be able to help you on this issue... please clearify your question :)

Did you open the attachment? The user answers the yes/no questions in the forms which update the query which in turn updates the related tables. The one problem I have is with the forms...once I complete the first NHS number text box I want that to display in every NHS Number text box in each form.

Cheers

I'm not sure where the NHS form gets created but it looks like you leave each form open and pop up the second, third, etc.

If the first form where the NHS no. is specified is left open then you can do this
on each subsequent form go to the NHS ... put in default value area
= [form]![form1name]![NHS]
it should carry forward until you close all the forms.
However it might be easier to just do subtable and do a tabbed form where the tables are linked by NHS #.

Also your relationship table is wrong .. there should be one primary point for the nhs no. ALL the other tables should link back to the first one.

I'm attaching an example of how I would work the information.
go to forms open form myexam
you'll see it's not prettied up but you'll get the idea.
also you can hide the NHS on the tabbed forms since it is redundant

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom