Simple Query Help (1 Viewer)

theformula

Local time
Today, 15:14
Hello All,

I am new to Access, and having trouble figuring this out:

I have a query, pulling data from several dirrent tables. The purpose of the query, in a nutshell, is to show me what government regulations are applicable to buildings in each of the provinces (Canada). (ie: I select a building, and it will only show me the regulations based on the province the building is in). My problem is I also want to include the Federal regulations as well (for all provinces). So, for Ontario, as an example, is listed under the Province field as 'ON'. But I want to include federal, or 'FD' records in the results as well. I thought in the critera I could type 'and "FD" or 'or "FD' but this doesnt seem to be working for me.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Warren

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
It sounds to me that you have a flaw in your db design. But not sure because I havn't seen your table structure. Are you saying "on" and "fd" are in the same field? You could use "ON" or "FD" in the criteria

theformula

Local time
Keith,

Yes, ON and FD are in the same field, along with the other provinces, BC, AB, SK, etc.

Right now the query correctly filters the results for each province, but in all cases (for each province) I want to include the records behnd FD as well.

Im guessing my DB has thousands of flaws, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom