Single textbox in continous form's header gets into all records in clipboard (1 Viewer)

Ipem

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:31
Hello all,
All of my threads here became SOLVED on the same day it were posted. Thank you all! Now I have a little question, I could not answer with google.

I have a continous form, with a single textbox in the header, which is an advanced search bar with a code in its update event.
The problem is, that if my users select a few records on the form, press CTRL+C and paste it into an email, this control has its own column, and sows up in every line. This is not a desired behaviour. Is there a way to overcome this? I browsed trough the porperties of that control, but did not find anything.

Thx

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 16:31
Ipem, could you show a screenshot of what your problem seems to be?

Ipem

Registered User.
Local time

Here is the picture. I have framed in red the control in question, ant its appearance in the email body.

Poppa Smurf

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:31
When I copy from Access to Word or emails I prefer to use the Snipping Tool that is
part of Windows 7 Accessories. I do not know if it is in later versions. Using this tool I am able to copy the selected screen area etc.

Ipem

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the advice. This can be useful, but I would prefer the html table format, which is convenient for later use. It is hard to change user customs.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
So why do you have it in the RecordSource? Would removing the control on the continuous form make any difference?

Ipem

Registered User.
Local time
I do not have it in the form's record source. It is an unbound texbox I have placed to the header after the underlying query and the rest of the form were created. It also does not show up in tab order dialog.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Okay what is the code in the AfterUpdate event of the Text box? Could you see the Control whilst you are in the Design view of the Form?

Ipem

Registered User.
Local time
pr2-eugin,

Yes, I can see it in design view. I don't think that its update event macro has to do anything with this issue.
I have reproduced the behaviour in a single table and form example file, with a textbox without any macro. I have attached that example

Attachments

• Example.accdb
    316 KB · Views: 85

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Interesting feature you have found. No idea how to cure it, though :(

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
To move forward I'd try to implement the detailed data in a subform and check if a selection from there is copied without your "feature".

Otherwise, bump your post occasionally ... at a time about 4-6 hours from now the experienced US Display Team often visits these pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom