Spell Checker in Runtime (1 Viewer)

mbc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:54
hi,
I have been struggling with spell checker, only to see after many posts on the forum that it appears the spell checker does no work in runtime, which makes it a useless function.. Unless someone smarter then me can tell me otherwise (I would be glad to hear it)

I did find reference to this product: http://www.pcesoft.com/Access-Spell-Checker-Tool-Source-Code.html
however it only checks one field at a time.

I have searched the net, I was up until 2am this morning searching and I could not find an alternative product.

Does anyone know of a product that works, that I can click to have it check all fields in the current form, or some other way to spell check as we go. I am attempting to make the above product check the fields as we go but I am not having much luck due to it wanting the field to have the focus (but maybe I am not doing something).

I have no problem paying for code if it works...

any helpers ??

Last edited:

mbc

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry.. I am using Access 2007

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 03:54
You can try the code below. I haven't looked at it for nearly a year and the code was developed for others. All that I can say, no negative feedback yet. So I assume it works OK.

Note the reference to a thread on this forum that was used as the basis to develop the code below. Missinglinq provided the guidance.

Code:
Private Sub Text19_LostFocus()
    Rem http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=157586&highlight=acCmdSpelling
    Rem If the textbox contains data run the
    Rem Spell Checker after data is entered.
    DoCmd.SetWarnings False
    With Me.Text19
        .SetFocus
        .SelStart = 0
        .SelLength = Nz(Len(Me.Text19), 0)
        If Nz(Len(Me.Text19), 0) > 0 And bolTextChanged Then Me.Text19.SetFocus: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling
    End With
    DoCmd.SetWarnings True  
End Sub

mbc

Registered User.
Local time
thanks Steve,

I got that to work, but it wont work in runtime... once you compile the database and install it as a runtime it does not run. It can work on a pc that has the full access installed, but when I tested it on my other machine with only the runtime it wont run that code. I was hoping that maybe microsoft fixed this issue.. but obviously not.

Anyone else got anything else ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom