Splitting text box text into sentences

Insert code into a standard module and start with the F5 key. The output ends up in the immediate window (Ctrl+G).

Maybe you can post a screenshot? How did you know it cuts off at 255 chars? Did you use the Len() function?
Since I couldn't understand what's happening with your db, I had to try it myself. I created a long text field and used a query to use the Replace() function. Here's what I got.
1721330164978.png

Since I couldn't understand what's happening with your db, I had to try it myself. I created a long text field and used a query to use the Replace() function. Here's what I got.
View attachment 115206

Just to test it myself, I created a blank database with just a table, a replace query, a simple report, and a form with a command button to pass the replace query to the report. Surprisingly, this is working fine with no truncation. So now I have to go back to my original database which has a more complex report with multiple groups and sub forms to figure out why it's not working. But I'm glad to know that it should work. Thanks again for taking the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom