SQL Server Error 3101 (1 Viewer)

mikemaki

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:56
I'm working with a SQL Server back end for the first time and am trying to make all the necessarry changes to make my ACCESS front end work. One error has me stumped. We've always had a standard set of buttons we use on our continuous forms. The form is AllowAdditions=False, the Add button and Close button is enabled. When the Add button is clicked a Save Add and Cancel Add button are enabled, the Add and Close buttons are disabled, the form is set to AllowAdditions=True, focus is set to the new record, something is written to the new record (which causes an autonumber record id to be created in ACCESS), and the form is set back to AllowAdditions = False to make the next new record unavailable. This particular form is bound to a query using two tables tblDictionary and tblRelated. The Child field in the Related table is related to the autonumber ID field in the Dictionaly table. The first time I add a record, the Dictionary table is created first and the Child field is assigned the value of the ID field. it works fine. The second time through it seems the Related record is being created first and there is no ID available to assign to the Child field. Would anyone know why it works differenttly the second time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom