Stock Chart (1 Viewer)

NathanSavidge

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:14
Hi,

Can anyone help.
I am trying to put in an Open, Close, High, Low stock chart in an access form, but do not have the option on my chart types.

Does anyone know of a web site where i can look to see how to set this up. I have the data ready, and it works when passed to excel, but cant see the chart type in Insert --> chart and insert --> object --> MS GRaph.

TIA

Nathan.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Nathan,

To create a stock chart in an Access form you would use an unbound object frame, when the wizard starts look down the list until you find Microsoft Excel Chart then you are on your way to getting your Stock Chart in your form.

NathanSavidge

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for that. I was messing about with Excel Chart as this came in. The problem i have with it is, that when i link it to my datatable, it get the error The Operation on the OLE failed. Could you advise what this means, i have put the data in the excel sheet "Sheet1" in the background and all is good. Is it possible to populate via vba?

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Nathan,

OLE means Object Linked Embedded, so it is looking to embed the chart as an object hence the unbound object frame, so unbound means it isn't linked as such to another source.

I have had a quick scan but no one recommends any linking method to the datasheet.

NathanSavidge

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

I got it, thanks for your help

it was me.OLEOBJECT.Object.Sheets(2).

Thanks

Harrymon12

Local time
Today, 07:14
I have been using MarketXLS Stock charts in Excel for this. It's been working Great so far
It has instructions which can help you.
Just visit the site for more info.
They also have a live support and a forum to help you with your questions/concerns.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:14
Harrymon12,

Do you realize you have responded to a 6 year old post?

Harrymon12

Local time
Today, 07:14
Yes I do.
Just want to share my experience in this kind of problem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom