Strange issues with accde (2 Viewers)

mafhobb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:31
Hello. I am running into a situation that has me completely baffled.

I have been working on a database for a few years without any issues. Approximately every 3-4 months I upload a new version with new functionality. A few days ago I uploaded a new front end (V1.14) to some computers. The only updates on this new version are the value of some variables and some added functionality on a few forms, so not a biggie, however I am having many issues making this new front end work consistently over a number of PCs.

First I develop the front end on my machine and test it. Then I compile it on my computer to further test it. V1.14 works just fine without any issues on my computer.

Then I upload the accdb file to my virtual desktop on the server of the customer, change the location of the be file and test the front end, again with no issues. Then I compile the file right there and that is where the problem begins.

I get no errors when I compile the file and when the database opens automatically right after file compiles; it opens fine without issues. However if i close the file and double-click on the accde file to open it again, I get the error in the image attached (sorry, it is in German...the google translation for it is: This error occurs when an event could not be executed because of the location of the logic for the event can not be evaluated. If z. B. the OnOpen property of the form to = [Field] is set, this error occurs because the execution of a macro or event name is expected when the event occurs.

I do not know why this error is happening or exactly what it means. In all cases the uncompiled file (accdb) works fine and I do not know why compiling the file into accde creates this problem. Also, this compiled file may not work on my virtual desktop, but if it is distributed to other user's machines, then it works fine on some while on others get the same error.

I have tried to compile the file in my local machine and then upload it to the virtual desktop. If I do this the file works on my machine but not on the virtual desktop.

I have tried to import everything to a blank db with the same results.

I get no compile error when making the accde file and I get no compile errors when compiling the code.

The funny thing is that I tried to reverse back to a couple of older front end versions which worked fine for months (V1.12 and V 1.13) and the same computers generate the same errors. Why would older accde files that worked fine in the past not work now?

What is happening?

Thanks

mafhobb

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:31
Are you sure it isn't the recent (now withdrawn) Windows update bug that affects mde and accde files?

mafhobb

Registered User.
Local time
uh? Could you elaborate on that? I do not know what you are talking about.

I believe that all computers are running Windows 7.

mafhobb

mafhobb

Registered User.
Local time
Yes. This was it!

Many, many, many thanks!!!!

mafhobb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom